The Purchasing Specialist will purchase materials, negotiate best price and delivery of products and services.
The Purchasing Specialist will work closely with all aspects of Precision Medical such as Engineering, Quality, Production, Sales, Accounting and Ownership to achieve the goals set forth. The Buyer will also be involved with Capital Expenditures, such as tooling, professional services and any needs for product development. The applicant will be assigned responsibilities of their own product lines to manage buying, inventory levels and company cash flow. The applicant will be exposed to many different industries such as machining, casting, molding, stampings, elastomers, metal finishing, product labeling, and language translating.
Associates degree in business or related field is preferred and/or three years of experience in purchasing in a manufacturing environment.
- Possess an understanding of ERP systems
- Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Knowledge of materials management procedures
- MS Office
- Must help resolve supplier issues
- Will need to generate Price/Cost Analysis
- Analyze planning data from sales and production
- Work with and understand the parameters of all suppliers’ restraints
- Be able to adjust priorities quickly as the need arises
- React to changes in demand from customers
- Review ERP systems messages and be able to take appropriate actions
- Be able to assist suppliers in overcoming obstacles
- Follow up on the status of orders and requisitions
- Work with accounting to reconcile invoices and packing lists
- Gain insight of product knowledge as to where and how the parts are used.
- Must produce work in a timely and consistent fashion, while maintaining a high level of accuracy and accountability
To apply to this position:
Download and fill out our Employment Application and the EEO and Veterans Self Identification Forms.
Once completed, email the application and your resume to email@example.com.