Precision Medical Inc is seeking a Prototype Machinist with a background in mechanical design and a focus on respiratory medical products developed in an R&D and product design environment.
The machinist will work with other R&D staff, developing mechanical designs from concept through detailed design and manufacturing release. The candidate will be responsible for prototype fabrication to support product development. This includes bringing a product from idea/concept through design, prototyping, development, testing, design verification and validation, manufacturing, and product introduction. This individual will also be responsible for maintenance of the machines including calibration, regularly scheduled maintenance, and routine servicing.
- CNC/Machine Shop machinist/operator. Those with an associates or bachelor’s degree have an advantage over other candidates, but a degree is not required.
- 5+ years of experience running 3-axis mills, drill press, lathe, CNC, grinders and/or other manual machinery. Satisfactory completion of Tech school may count toward
- Must also be able to work well under pressure during tight deadlines.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Satisfactorily complete the 90-day probationary period.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, senior management, and customer representatives.
- Must be willing to accept new challenges.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good time management and planning skills.
- Strong knowledge of production machinery and techniques.
- Ability to make suggestions in a positive manner and maintain accountability for those suggestions.
- Must be willing to maintain skill set through continued training and/or education.
- Proficiency with manual three axis mill, drill press, lather, grinders, and other manual machinery.
- Prototyping and ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Assists in completing preventative maintenance and repair of various machines throughout the company.
- Lends support to team members and others during the development, construction and evaluation of new production parts and holding fixtures.
- Works from Standard Operation Procedures, verbal updates, special instructions, and sketches.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, including continuous quality improvement objectives, safety procedures, and environmental guidelines.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
To apply to this position:
Download and fill out our Employment Application.
Once completed, email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.