The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of assembly and test equipment in a medical device manufacturing environment. Work and cooperate with other engineers developing new assembly processes, equipment, and techniques. Maintain and automate existing fixtures and equipment.
This position is based in Northampton, PA. Candidate must reside within commuting distance to the corporate headquarters. This position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Precision Medical will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- Conceive, design, and implement assembly and test fixtures.
- Develop and improve both existing and new processes and equipment.
- Design and trouble shoot simple pneumatical and electrical circuits.
- Research, specify, and purchase manufacturing related tools, equipment, and components.
- Update existing manufacturing fixtures to improve quality and throughput.
- Assist in the validation of work processes and equipment.
- Plan and participate in facility maintenance.
- Function in a medical device manufacturing environment following CGMP and QSR guidelines
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment.
- Associates/Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 3-5 years' experience in related industry and environment.
- Drafting and detailing using solid modeling CAD system.
- Communicate well with other employees in verbal and written format.
- Effectively function within a team and other individuals.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including root cause analysis.
- Complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Basic knowledge of Electro-Mechanical manufacturing equipment.
- Understanding of simple pneumatic and electrical circuits.
- Ability to use precision measurement devices.
- Knowledge related to tooling component materials selection, detailing, machining,
- Develop work instructions associated with assembly processes and equipment.
- Participate with product development engineers in the implementation of new products.
- Basic knowledge of machine programing (PLC/HMMI/NC) and robotics.
- Integration of automated flow and pressure measurement devices.
- Concepts of lean manufacturing.
To apply to this position:
Download and fill out our Employment Application and the EEO and Veterans Self Identification Forms.
Once completed, email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.