Dealing with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) means you want to have all the latest treatments in your arsenal for maintaining respiratory health.
You can find an easy, cost-effective, and natural source of relief from essential oils.
Why Treat COPD with Essentials Oils?
If you or a loved one live with COPD, a doctor has likely prescribed a plan of medications and procedures to maintain healthy breathing. Natural treatments should be a part of this plan because they work within your body’s central healing processes and have few or no side effects.
In fact, as natural treatments go, essential oils are among the most popular, which also include smoke cessation and dietary changes.
Important Benefits of Using Essential Oils
- Overall health, strengthening your immune system
- Can help fight depression, stress, and fatigue
- Reduces tissue irritation with anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties
- Acts as a decongestant and restores healthy breathing
- It’s inexpensive as 2-3 drops daily from a 5mL bottle may provide more than a month of treatment
All these benefits, plus you infuse your world with pure, healthy botanical aroma.
What are Essential Oils Anyway?
Essential oils are a popular item these days—commonly used in aromatherapy treatments that have you inhale them as a mist or rub them on the skin. It’s not as much a fad as you’d think though! These special oils have been the go-to treatment for thousands of years for a variety of ailments.
Essential oils are derived from the “working” parts of plants including the roots, stems, seeds, and flowers. And they are known to have lasting, powerful scents.
Because of their potency, essential oils are most commonly used in the practice of aromatherapy. They are either inhaled from a vaporizer/humidifier or rubbed on the skin as a liquid.
6 Oils for COPD You Might Try
Here are 6 essential oils for COPD treatment, and how they may provide relief:
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil: reduces your congestion, helps fight bronchial flare-ups
- Myrrh Essential Oil: boosts your immune system, reduces swelling
- Lavender Essential Oil: acts as an antioxidant, fights growth of COPD
- Ginseng Essential Oil: known to improve lung health
- Bergamot Essential Oil: improves circulation and prevents infections
- Frankincense Essential Oil: similar properties to Myrrh but with a sweeter aroma
Please ask your doctor if there’s an essential oil that will help treat COPD for you or a loved one.
Essential oils provide natural healing properties that can provide relief from COPD symptoms and improve your healthy breathing. They are popular for their ease of use and gentleness on your body’s natural processes. Consult your doctor if there’s an essential oil that will provide relief for you or a loved one.