If you have a lung disease, such as COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), emphysema or pulmonary fibrosis, you might experience lung inflammation. Lung inflammation can affect your airways and lung tissue making it harder to breathe. In this article we will provide you with some natural remedies that can help fight lung inflammation.
Foods that will not cause inflammation and cause flare-ups to existing conditions are considered natural anti-inflammatories. Nutrition experts will encourage you to switch to an anti-inflammatory diet, because even if it does not necessarily help cure your condition, it helps lower your chances of complications. These foods are usually plant-based proteins, great source of fiber, and contain omega-3.
Foods to Say Yes to
- Whole Grains – Oatmeal, whole-wheat bread/wraps, brown rice.
- Nuts – Walnuts, almonds, pistachios, cashews.
- Fatty Fish – Salmon, mackerel, tuna, sardines.
- Green Leafy Vegetables – Spinach, kale, collards.
- Fruits – Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, cherries.
- Beans – Chickpeas, lentils, peas, kidney beans, black beans.
- Olive Oil – Extra-virgin olive oil is the least processed or refined.
- Herbs and Spices – Turmeric, garlic, ginger, cinnamon.
- Avocados – Packed with potassium, magnesium, and heat-healthy fats.
- Tomatoes – Rich in lycopene and contain folate.
In addition to saying yes to all these great sources of well-known anti-inflammatory ingredients, giving up on foods that only increase inflammation is also crucial. Read more on what foods you should avoid. A healthy, anti-inflammatory diet will do wonders for your body and mind! So, what are you waiting for?